Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Slash and Burn!

This may be the worst-written, most insensitive article that I have ever read.

Essentially what the National Post is saying is that Harper's Conservatives are doing a good thing in cutting funding to the poor and Aboriginals because those people wouldn't have voted Conservatives anyway.


I was upset to hear about the cuts in the first place, despite having a massive surplus. I was more upset when I heard that Conservatives are now essentially considering surpluses a bad thing (more on that later.) But when I read that cuts to those who don't vote Conservative was a smart idea by the government I was shocked. This is the CANADIAN government. They should be serving all Canadians, not just those who supported them. And this government was supposed to clean up our country?

Insane.

More later when I have more time to post.

1 comment:

Monkey Loves to Fight said...

I fully agree they shouldn't be cutting groups that don't vote Conservative. Governments should represent all Canadians. That being said, the Liberals should stop demonizing Canadians who have views they don't like. They should instead argue against their ideas. However I agree what the National Post says, is politics at its worse.

SHO ©Green Blogger Template by Dicas Blogger.

TOP